Monday 6 July 2015

Introduction

So who's this by?
I'm a fiftysomething bloke, you can call me Steve, with a liking for photography and a property in Bulgaria.

What's on these pages?
Photos and a bit of info about places you can visit for yourself. Mainly daytripping distance around Veliko Turnovo for no other reason than that's not far from our village.

Expert?
No way, photography is my hobby and the text is my own opinion together with a bit of info picked up off the interwebby.

What's the point then?
Hopefully, if you are visiting the area, it'll give you a bit of inspiration to get out and about with your own camera.

Biggest mistake?
Perhaps I should have started to write this back in 2010 when the story began. Instead I left it alone not really knowing whether we would end up with a place in Bulgaria or not.

I could have started a blog earlier than 2010, along the same lines, based in Spain. That would have fizzled out to nothing when we decided that the country houses we wanted were either snapped up, renovated and back on the market for silly money. Or, the ones left were nothing more than piles of stone ready for a complete rebuild.
Either way that put things way beyond our budget.

So, back to today, now there are loads of blogs around from people who have bought in Bulgaria and renovated property, and are now living the dream. Far more interesting than the road we have gone down so I'll keep our story brief and concentrate on the photography.
I'll show what Bulgaria has to offer beyond the chickens and home grown vegetables and share some of the fantastic places you can visit when the animals are fed and the veggies have been watered.
So far we have found Bulgaria to be a far more diverse country with an unknown ( to me ) history.

Beautiful nature, historic sites going back over centuries and a warm welcome from the natives.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment